SharePoint returned the following error: Invalid URI
Today one of my clients sent to me new request. On the team site they have a problem with SharePoint site feed webpart. Web part displays strange error: SharePoint returned the following error: Invalid URI: The URI is empty. Contact your system administrator for help in resolving this problem, just like below.
I've detected an ad blocker...
This site relies on ad revenue to generate content.
Please consider disabling your ad blocker for my site. Thank you!
Ok, that was some think new to me… They told that User Profile service has been configured, but SharePoint Health Analyzer shows following error “Verify each User Profile Service Application has a My Site Host configured”. What’s wrong? SharePoint site feed webpart require activated feature “Site feed”. In this case it was activated. I deactivated and activated, without success – I still get: “SharePoint returned the following error: Invalid URI error”.
Let’s move forward. Site feed for proper work require configured My Sites. I checked it, but the My sites seems to have proper configuration. What’s wrong? I would like to avoid creating from scratch new User Profile service…
The clue was error in SharePoint Health Analyzer: “Verify each User Profile Service Application has a My Site Host configured”. When I go to Technet site where this error was described I found many steps how to resolve the SharePoint Health Analyzer rule “Verify each User Profile service application has a My Site Host configured.” I made almost all described step without success, still get “SharePoint returned the following error: Invalid URI”. Finally I get to the last step: Associate the My Site host with a User Profile Service service application by using Windows PowerShell. Finally! I run following script:
Set-SPProfileServiceApplication -Identity $ap -MySiteHostLocation http://mysites.wingtip.com/
Set-SPProfileServiceApplication -Identity $ap -Name “User Profile Synch App 3” -MySiteHostLocation http://mysites.wingtip.com/
And that was it. After IISReset command SharePoint site feed webart runs without any problem.